Jump to recipe
This is a classic restaurant salad that is easy to make with ingredients that you may already have on hand. It has the crunch of the kale and the sweet and sour tang of the arugula and sliced steak, which makes it a perfect healthy adaptation of the original.
Kale, Arugula and Steak Salad
- 4-6 ounce steak
- ½ cup baby kale, stems removed, chopped and divided
- 1 and ½ cups baby arugula, chopped
- 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar per salad
- Wash and prepare the salad ingredients as directed.
- In a saute pan over high heat, cook steak to preferred temperature.
- Cook steak for two to three minutes for Rare, four to five minutes for Medium, or seven to nine minutes for Well Done.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice the steak into thin strips.
- In a salad bowl, toss together the chopped baby kale, baby arugula and the sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the salad, contents and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Toss to mix.
- Transfer salad to a serving dish; arrange the steak strips over the salad then serve and enjoy.